General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2008 Accord Engine Problem - ECO not running

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 12:26 AM
Default 2008 Accord Engine Problem - ECO not running

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and have a question in regards to my 2008 Honda Accord V6. Long story short, 3 spark plugs completely broke about to months ago, had them replaced by the dealer under warranty. A month later the engine started acting up again, wouldn't run on all 6 cylinders or 4 under ECO. Took it back to the dealer, they said it looked fine to them. And just yesterday after filling up a full tank of 87 octane, the engine light came back on and the it wouldn't run on ECO. The car isn't vibrating though, it just won't run on ECO. There is obviously a problem here. The car is still under warranty.

So here's my question: Can I have them give me a new car? What's the most I can do so this doesn't happen again? I know that California Lemon Law Section 1793.22 states that you get your money back or a new car if the same problem occurs a reasonable amount of times. I know I don't fall into that, but is there any other law stating what I can do to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance,
David

Old 10-17-2011, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

Have the trouble code read to try to narrow down the problem. Go to an Aamco to get the code read for no charge. Don't pay for a diagnostic though. Then post the code on this forum.

"http://www.aamco.com/Check_Engine_light_on-FREE_Check.asp"

In California, most Autozones will allow you to use their code reader with a deposit; the employees do not read it for you like they do in some other states. You get your deposit back after returning the reader.

If the trouble code is not something as simple as a loose fuel cap, then go back to the dealer if the car is still under warranty.

Most likely no free car. If you don't fall under the lemon law, you can always try a different service adviser or a different dealer to see if they can properly diagnosis it.