General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 honda accord VSA light and ! light is on and i cant get em off, whats wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 01:16 AM
Default 2010 honda accord VSA light and ! light is on and i cant get em off, whats wrong?

My 2010 accord was wrecked in a hit and run it was hit in front fender I replaced the fender, the hood, and the front bumper the airbags did deploy and I haven't replaced them yet and my seatbelts are locked up. But ehat I'm concerned with more than anything is muy VSA light and ! Light is on and it won't go off. My car still drives fine and the VSA button does nothing when I push it. Can anybody give me any advice as to why these lights are on and what can I do to fix this? And is there any recalls I need to know about in the United States?

Old 02-20-2013, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

As far as recalls, any Honda dealer can tell you about that. Give your VIN and they can look up any recalls, and whether they have already been done to your car. Doesn't have to be the dealer that you bought from, even if you're the 5th owner of the car.

There must have been some more damage, maybe wiring for the ABS sensors? (Those wheel sensors are used for VSA also).

Old 02-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

the lights will have to be diagnosed, but more than likely you'll need a new VSA modulator and it will have to be programmed at the dealer, but that's the least of your problems. you need to replace the front impact sensors, SRS module, all deployed airbags. if side airbags went off as well, the side impact sensors need replacement as well as any bags. the seatbelts are locked because the explosive pretensioners went off...was this car totaled by the insurance company???

Old 02-20-2013, 08:31 PM
Default air bags deployed and seatbelts locked up what items do i need to replace airbags and

Only my steering wheel front air bag and passenger side dash airbags deployed. So if that's what I will need to replace airbags, what about seatbelts so they will be back in woirking condition? Also is there a kit I can buy that will haveairbags , seatbelts, and anything else I may need? And will a 2006 acura 2 door's airbags and seatbelts work?

Last edited by santana; 02-20-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

I merged your separate threads. See Dr. D's post above yours.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:36 PM

Oh and one more thing, my head lights I had to replace the driver side headlight and the end of the wire to the hi beams was cut off so I replaced it and now when I cut my car on the day time driving lights won't work and when I use my headlights my driver sides hi beam won't go to low beam. Any. Suggestions on that?

Old 02-20-2013, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by santana
Oh and one more thing, my head lights I had to replace the driver side headlight and the end of the wire to the hi beams was cut off so I replaced it and now when I cut my car on the day time driving lights won't work and when I use my headlights my driver sides hi beam won't go to low beam. Any. Suggestions on that?
Check both the No. 15 and No. 28 fuses in the driver's side under-dash fuse box.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:49 AM

Ok thanks everybody with the help from you guys I have almost get her fixed, just one more question and I hope this will be all I need to know. Will airbags and seatbelts from an acura work for my 2010 accord sedan? If so what year and model acura will work? And is there any other vehicles airbags and belts I could substitute in place of mine?

Old 02-21-2013, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by santana
Ok thanks everybody with the help from you guys I have almost get her fixed, just one more question and I hope this will be all I need to know. Will airbags and seatbelts from an acura work for my 2010 accord sedan? If so what year and model acura will work? And is there any other vehicles airbags and belts I could substitute in place of mine?
no and no