General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2011 unlock problems plus some others

Old 11-29-2012, 08:44 AM
Default 2011 unlock problems plus some others

Hey all, just bought my 2011 Honda Accord leftover in January of this year. I guess I've had this problem since owning the car but I've finally had enough of it.
(1)When I hit unlock, either on my remote or inside the car, it unlocks then immediately locks again, and then tries to start and doesn't. I have to hit it 3 times with 1-3 second intervals to get the doors to unlock properly.
(2)Just recently bought an AUX cable for my iphone since the usb doesn't play pandora. After a minute of running it I noticed some humming noise coming from behind the steering wheel and it smelled like burning electrical.
(3)The washer fluid light came on, I refilled it and now it won't go off. Same type of thing happened with my oil light until I reset it myself.

Any help with any of these problems would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Old 11-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

You may want to bring the car to the dealer, since you are probably still under warranty, unless you drive alot. The burning smell may indicate an electrical short in some wiring or component.

Since you have a washer fluid level indicator, your car is probably a Canada model. Although, a continuity test can be done on the washer fluid level switch (located on the washer fluid reservoir), due to your multiple electrical related problems, it may be best for the dealer to look at.

The problem(s) may related to wiring, communications lines for the multiplex integrated control units (MICUs), and gauge control module (instrument gauge unit).

The car may or may not have the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) on; but, regardless, the car should be checked for trouble code(s). There may be pending trouble code(s) stored, even if the MIL is not on.