General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 honda accord lx transmission trouble

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 07:39 PM
Default 2012 honda accord lx transmission trouble

Hello everyone,
I have a 2012 Accord which approx 53K. I have owned it for about 2yrs
Recently, I noticed a humming sound when driving at 45MPH and higher and it comes from the drivers' side front end of the car and also the RPM stays at 3000 RPM for a long time at 60MPH

I took the CAR to Honda dealership and have one of the tech drove the car with me , The Tech heard the sound and he said it was my wheel bearing on both sides left and right front wheels and he even recommended a transmission flush so on Monday 4/11/2016 I took the car in and after 3 hours of waiting the advisor came and told me all is set the wheel bearing on booth side has been replaced . I jumped into the car and drove the car less than a mile and same sound and nothing has changed I drove the car back to the dealership again after brief conversation with the advisor I requested to talk to the service manager who drove the car with me and he felt the same problem. He told me the next thing is to do the transmission flush. according to them the transmission fluid has not been changed that could be the issue I am not quite sure if the problem is the transmission or Wheel bearings I am confused now

There's NO check engine light coming up.
Any help would be most appreciated[/B]
Thanks[/PHP][/PHP][/B]

Old 04-12-2016, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds are difficult to diagnose over the web. Since the wheel bearing have been replaced, the noise is not from the wheel bearings.

The easiest thing to try is to rotate the tires and see if the noise changes location.

Old 04-13-2016, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by PAhonda
Sounds are difficult to diagnose over the web. Since the wheel bearing have been replaced, the noise is not from the wheel bearings.

The easiest thing to try is to rotate the tires and see if the noise changes location.

I forgot to mention that I have replaced all the tires with 4 sets of new tires and the sound is the same before the wheel bearing wax replaced so I think is not the tires, also like said the transmission sticks at 60MPH at 3000RPM for long time and the humming sound increases with acceleration .Also when I was cycling through the gears while my car is parked It gets a little hard to shift to D1

Last edited by HUMBLEACCORD; 04-13-2016 at 06:10 AM.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:11 AM

From what you've described, I'd say that the transmission is the next logical item to investigate