General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 Honda Accord both high and low horns not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2021, 01:33 AM
Default 2019 Honda Accord both high and low horns not working

Okay, so my 2019 Honda accord horn stopped working. Both horns. Doesn't even work for the alarm. I checked the fuse but they appeared to be fine. The relay clicks when I push the horn but no sound. The dealer says is too new of a car to be a bad horn and both at that. There has got to be a way to trouble shoot this. The dealer wants way too much to just mess around and tell me it was something stupid and easy to fix. I hears it could be the switch in the steering wheel but how do I check it. Please, explain it to me like you would to a child and step by step. I need help asap please. I'm supposed to start driving for the lyft but can't with a properly functioning horn. Thank you.

Robert

Old 03-24-2021, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

The only relatively easy thing for you to check is:
  • Under-hood Fuse No. A 28 (10A).
  • Connectors for the horns and wiring. For example, connectors tight and visually check wires not chewed up by rodent.
On a 2019 Accord, the horn switch is built into the driver's airbag. Other things to test require testing equipment such as a multi-meter.

Other components include relay, relay control module, cable reel, wiring, ground, etc.

Honda's limited warranty is 3 years/36,000 miles. Are you past that?

Last edited by redbull-1; 03-24-2021 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-24-2021, 07:42 PM

Yes I am. I was driving 124 miles a day to work and back for the past 2 years. 54,539 miles. I have a buddy with all that. Just need to know exactly what and how to check it all.

So basically, I shouldn't even try checking the switch in the steering wheel then?

Old 03-24-2021, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

Relay clicking would mean that the horn switch is likely working. I'd start with the relay. If you have the 4-cylinder engine, then the video below should help locate the horn relay.

If your setup is similar to the video, then literally unplug the horn relay (like pulling a fuse), and also the fog light relay. Switch the relays, then see if the horns work and the fog lights stop working.

Old 12-30-2023, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by RMCORTEZ71179
Okay, so my 2019 Honda accord horn stopped working. Both horns. Doesn't even work for the alarm. I checked the fuse but they appeared to be fine. The relay clicks when I push the horn but no sound. The dealer says is too new of a car to be a bad horn and both at that. There has got to be a way to trouble shoot this. The dealer wants way too much to just mess around and tell me it was something stupid and easy to fix. I hears it could be the switch in the steering wheel but how do I check it. Please, explain it to me like you would to a child and step by step. I need help asap please. I'm supposed to start driving for the lyft but can't with a properly functioning horn. Thank you.

Robert
Robert,

I have the same year and model and the exact same p4oblem. Were you able to fix the horns on your car? I am hoping you would be willing to share what the fix was on your car!

Thank you so much!

Trevor

Old 12-30-2023, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Have you looked at it tried any of the suggestions on this thread?

Old 12-30-2023, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by PAhonda
Have you looked at it tried any of the suggestions on this thread?
Yes I have located the horn relay which is clicking when I press the horn. Have swapped another relay into its place just in case. Also verified the horn fuse good and also swapped with a good fuse to be safe. No luck.

Same scenario as Robert's post. Both high and low horns stopped working at the same time. Believe the horns stopped working around the same time the battery died and jumped the vehicle from another vehicle and eventual replacement of battery.

Took the vehicle to Honda dealer who performed an "electrical assessment" and stated both horns needed replacement. Purchased the horns ($85) and then quoted $750 to replace them. I have the horns and will likely replace myself. Jusr need to remove the front bumper assembly. I told the dealer I felt it was very strange that both horns failed at the same time. To which I was told the mechanic said both were bad.

Old 12-30-2023, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by trevorgold
Yes I have located the horn relay which is clicking when I press the horn. Have swapped another relay into its place just in case. Also verified the horn fuse good and also swapped with a good fuse to be safe. No luck.

Same scenario as Robert's post. Both high and low horns stopped working at the same time. Believe the horns stopped working around the same time the battery died and jumped the vehicle from another vehicle and eventual replacement of battery.

Took the vehicle to Honda dealer who performed an "electrical assessment" and stated both horns needed replacement. Purchased the horns ($85) and then quoted $750 to replace them. I have the horns and will likely replace myself. Jusr need to remove the front bumper assembly. I told the dealer I felt it was very strange that both horns failed at the same time. To which I was told the mechanic said both were bad.
I wound up replacing the horns and this solved the issue. A pain to have to remove the entire front bumper, but did it.

Trevor