General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2nd Great Coupe but starting probs - HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 02:36 PM
stevieb
Unregistered
Default 2nd Great Coupe but starting probs - HELP!!

Hi people, hoping one of you may be able to help. I have my 2nd great Accord Coupe, a 98 model with low miles. Like my first, it has been faultless until recently when I had starting issues & was advised to replace the ignition module but the same problem occured again 3 weeks later. I was then advised to replace the ignition transpnder ( ? ) the electric switch that wraps around the ignition & at first it started straight away but later that eve the car stopped whilst driving for the first time ever but re started moments later & again let me down this morning a few days later only to start again this eve. I am using all three keys I have ( two unused til now ) so it is not the chips in the keys & seemingly not the two issues I have tackled, any tips guys???
Many Thanks,
Steve

Old 07-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Default RE: 2nd Great Coupe but starting probs - HELP!!

What does it do when it won't start? Does it try to turn over? Do the lights still work? When it stopped whilst driving did you lose electrical power?
We need to try to figure out if it is anelectrical/spark problem or if it is a "not getting fuel" problem.

What model is it (LX, EX)? 4cyl or V6? Auto or manual trans? You want to put this info inyour signature as some members will not respond unless you have that info there. I'll let you slide for now since it's your first post

Old 07-09-2007, 02:33 PM
stevieb
Unregistered
Default RE: 2nd Great Coupe but starting probs - HELP!!

Hey there THANKS for a quick reply ( 4cyl auto sorry! ). THINK we found it tonight:- problem arose again ( turns over but is immobilised ) & NO key symbol lighting up on dash...messed around with wires under dash ( instrument panel ) & when we touched a SIEMENS box with 8 wires going into it the key symbol lit up....... took it apart & one contact solder looked cracked up a little, we re soldered & she has fired up first time since, so fingers crossed!!!! MANY thanks.
Steve