General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

87 accord heater controls

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 05:08 PM
mdjbhouse
Unregistered
Default 87 accord heater controls

The heater control on my my son's 87 accord provides heat only when it is on high, meaning the other settings don't do anything.
I saw a post somewhere else that mentioned something about a resistor pack that might be the problem.
Not sure if that applies to this vintage model or not.
Would I need to try and take the dash apart to get in behind the heater control levers?
Any tips or feedback appreciated.

Old 12-31-2006, 06:38 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 87 accord heater controls

no need to remove dash or heater blower........resistor is located on top of blower assembly,, 2 phillip screws .call dealer ask for a blower motor resistor..

Happy New Year

Old 01-04-2007, 07:34 PM
mdjbhouse
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: deserthonda

no need to remove dash or heater blower........resistor is located on top of blower assembly,, 2 phillip screws .call dealer ask for a blower motor resistor..

Happy New Year
I seem to be having a bit of a problem...
I found the 'blower resisitor' which is located under the right side of the dash behind the blower motor.
I removed the 2 screws which held the old one in place but now it seems like whatever was on the other side of the opending to screw the 2 phillips screws back into is no longer there or in position anymore.
I mean I can feel some sort of plate or metal flap that is up there (on an angle so maybe that got shifted somehow) but I have no visibility to see what is going on nor do I know what I should be screwing those screws into.
I thought it was just an empty hole but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Clear as mud?
Any help appreciated.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:46 PM

Here is an exploded view of that area.... might make more sense.... Gotta love those vendors!

http://www.hondapartswarehouse.com/p...t6=B%20%201702

Old 01-04-2007, 08:33 PM
mdjbhouse
Unregistered

I did manager to find something similar that showed me an explode view so I figured out I had just bumped the internal housing which I needed to screw it into. Not the best design in my mind but it is now working!
Thanks for the help all.