General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

88 Accord LXI Clock resets to 1:00

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 10:23 PM
Titans07
Unregistered
Default 88 Accord LXI Clock resets to 1:00

After taking the car into the shop I noticed the clock resets itself to 1:00 on startup and the cd player won't turn on anymore. Any suggestions?

Old 02-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 88 Accord LXI Clock resets to 1:00

Check the 'backup' 7.5 amp fuse in the underhood fuse panel; you might let the shop that worked on your car know about the problem they caused.
Give them a chance to make it right for you.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:31 PM
Titans07
Unregistered

The headlights wouldn't roll down so I think they unplugged the motors and somehow in the process messed up my clock and stereo. What would be your best guess as to how they messed it up hondadude?

Old 02-01-2007, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator

I'd have no real clue what happened; Can't imagine anything in the area of the headlight motors that would have caused that fuse to get blown. Or the circuit to be damaged.I just feel it was a raw deal to send your car out the door with problems like that; it gives the 'profession' a black eye when shops do stuff like that.

Ihave a friend with apair of those head light motors for salethough, if you are in need. I could ask after them for you.
You can message me.

Old 02-01-2007, 11:51 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

what exactly did they do to the car ?? what did they charge you for ??

Old 05-15-2008, 11:52 PM
honda_fool
Unregistered

Hey...

I'm new here, so please don't kill me if you can avoid it. My '88 Accord LX had the same problem, and it would appear that it was the fuse that Hondadude referred to (at least in my case). THANKS, Hondadude!

Next thing: Sorry if I'm asking this in the wrong place:

Where can I find an OWNER'S MANUAL (not a shop manual) for my car? I've searched the internet and eBay, and I've found plenty of SHOP MANUALS, but I'm too stupid (as my handle is meant to imply) to use a shop manual diagram to identify what each of the fuses under the hood goes to or what the proper amps are for each fuse. I can easily copy the fuses as they sit, but I'm not terribly confident in the previous owner's sensibilities on this. The underdash fusebox has a diagram, but the underhood fusebox lids have nothing.

For instance, Hondadude (who solved my immediate problem, THANKS AGAIN!) said that the fuse in question was a 7.5 amp fuse, but the fuse I found blown says 10 on it. I replaced the fuse with a 10 (there was a spare 10 in the holder), but I'm far more inclined to take Hondadude's word on this than to trust the previous owner. On the other hand, this may vary among specific models and the 10 may be right. I dunno. So, I'd like to have a copy of the manual that came with the car, if possible, and I'm willing to pay something reasonable. I bought the Haynes manual, to my eternal dismay (better than nothing, I guess), but it doesn't solve this problem.

All of the foregoing assumes that the owner's manual would give a detailed rundown of the fuses in all locations. Also, I have PDF's of 2 different shop manuals and a PARTIAL owner's manual (in PDF form). If there are any similar souls out there who might like to have any or all of these, email me & I'll send 'em.

I've had this car for over five years now and recently (since December '07) have had to replace the power plant, tranny, & clutch [sm=smiley18.gif], but hey, I'm in love.

Thanks, folks,
HK

Old 05-16-2008, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

Check www.ahm-ownerlink.com - that's Honda's owner's site. I don't know how far back it goes, but you can register with your car's VIN & see all kinds of stuff like maintenance schedules & specs.

AND an on-line version of the owners manual.