General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

90 Accord EXR Fuel delivery system

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Default 90 Accord EXR Fuel delivery system

Hello,

I looked through the previous posts and haven't come across any users describing the same problem. If I overlooked it, my apologies.

For the past 4 or 5 months my car has slowly gotten worse with what appears to be the fuel delivery system.

I say appears because initially the CEL showed the problem as the O2 sensor. I replaced that but the car doesn't run any different/better.

The symptoms are as follows: I will be driving along, engine is warmed up, then at random it sputters and won't accelerate. I pull off to a subdivision, bring it to a stop and it will level off and run fine.

Whenever the CEL comes on it runs fine after. As long as the CEL is on, it won't sputter. I also noticed that if I put my foot down it accelerates fine...seems to accept all that fuel and accelerate accordingly and the pickup is fine...just not under regular load/acceleration.

I looked at the CEL codes, 4 long 3 short...Fuel delivery system, correct?

After that, the code sequence pauses and delivers also a code for Primary O2 sensor. Could the fuel delivery system issue be prompting the O2 sensor?

I don't want to replace the sensor again considering the last swap didn't make a difference.

I have changed the fuel filter, spark plugs and spark plug wires, made no difference. But, when doing so, my brother noticed a very thin grey hose that was broken. I don't know what it attaches to (not very mechanically inclined :s)

That being said, considering the pattern I have noticed and that it will run ok once the CEL comes on, what would you folks estimate the problem to be?

Any feedback is appreciated. (if a photo of the broken hose is needed I can try and upload one)

Old 04-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

What was the second code exactly?

Old 04-02-2012, 11:48 PM

The light just flashed once for the second code, and if the list that I read is correct, that is for the O2 sensor.