General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

91 Accord Door Not Opening From Inside or Outside Handle!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 01:21 AM
Default 91 Accord Door Not Opening From Inside or Outside Handle!!!

Hello Everyone,

I had something strange happen to me the other day. I went out to my car to get in it, unlocked it, and pulled up on the handle and the door didn't open. I went over to the passanger door, got in to reach over and pull the inside handle for my drivers door and that did nothing also. So I messed around with my locks for a good hour one day and that gained me nothing. I did get the inside door panel off to look inside the door to make sure all the rods were in working order, which they were. So my question is, " Has anyone ever heard of anything like this happening before?" I have no idea?? And I really would not like to give the local honda dealership $90 a hour to look at this and tell me, "it's broke!" Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!!!

Ryan

Old 09-22-2006, 03:35 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 91 Accord Door Not Opening From Inside or Outside Handle!!!

you got the dreaded door lock problem,, they need to drill at a proper spot to brake the lock pin , so door can open,, dealer should a template with measurement to where drilling is required

you need a new door latch assembly ............here is a link ..

http://techauto.te.funpic.org/doorpr...ndex.php#latch

Old 09-22-2006, 06:34 PM

I had the same thing happen to my girls car. I took the door panel off and found a small long pole (kinda like a coat hanger) but thicker just hanging off. I attached to the door handle. After I put it back on I used very thick rubber cement to keep it from coming off again.

Old 09-23-2006, 01:38 AM
Super Moderator

Hondadude Hangout
There are a couple pics on this webpage; if someone hasn't done this before it could cost you 4 or more hours.
If the dealer has some older grey haired Techs you might get it done for 3 hours. Not many youngsters have seen this problem.
You will need to replace the latch assembly after drilling, estimate of around $125 for the latch.