General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

93 accord, power door lock staying locked.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 02:20 PM
jma
Default 93 accord, power door lock staying locked.

Howdy Accord Forum,

I just changed out my D/S front windows actuator. As I was putting the door card on I was having a bit of difficulty with the lock lift peg not aligning. To bring the lock peg down I stuck a screwdriver in the rotating bolt and simulated the door closing by dragging the screwdriver throught the rotating bolt. This put the lock in the closed-locked position with the door open.

After having secured the door card, I tested everything. Window works great. But the door won't unlock, and I can't close the door.

The rotating bolt will turn a little further into the locked position with no little to no drag, so it isn't jammed. I can look at the backside of the door lock assembly. There is an upper metal assembly, and a lower plastic assembly. If I press the door lock button I can see the solonoid in the plastic assembly pull and push a lever in the metal assembly.

However the rotating bolt does not unlock. I am unsure whether this is an out of phase thing, or whether there is an electrical or mechanical issue. As I recall it doesn't lock the driver door without being closed unless the key us used. So I may have confused it.

I can pull the peg, pull the door open lever, and push the door unlock switch, and in no cases does the bolt unlock. My understanding is that there is no way to manually release the lock from inside the door. (otherwise people wouldn't cut the pillar)

I've checked the fuses, my next step is to check the power on the leads going into the lock assembly. There are 4 I think. Does anyone know which should be hot during an unlock?

Or if anybody thinks I'm barking up the wrong tree, please feel free to chime in.

Thanks!
jma

Old 01-28-2018, 06:13 AM
Super Moderator

If I'm following this correctly - I'm old and it is early - put the screwdriver into the latch and as you pull the door handle (inner or outer ), use the screw driver to rotate the latch open.