General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

93 EX A/C Blowing Warm On Drivers Side

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 03:16 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 93 EX A/C Blowing Warm On Drivers Side

My 1993 EX A/C is blowing much warmer from the two driver's side vents than it is from the two passenger side vents. I recently had the A/C serviced, complete vacuum and recharge. They replaced the small valve that accepts the coolant charge as it was slightly leaking.
The actual air volume is the same from all four vents. The two middle vents are right next to one another, but the drivers side blows warm, the passenger side cold? What's up here?

Old 10-03-2014, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator

Was it this way as soon as you got it back from the shop that did the ac work?

Usually un-even cooling from the ac is a sign of a low system charge. There are other things that can/do cause this but the first thing I would do is have the system pressures tested (high and low side)

Old 10-07-2014, 11:48 AM
Newest Of Newbies

The ac stopped cooling suddenly after I twisted the temp. **** from cold (blue) to hot (red) and back again last month.
The ac place said I was low pressure, and had a hard time finding the leak, finally said it was a small leak from the charge valve.
Did not notice the uneven temps before that.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

From your description, the heater core flow control valve may be misadjusted. It can become misadjusted such that valve never fully closes for Cold Temp position.

Cable control is adjusted under the dash by adjusting clamp on the cable housing. Procedure is in FSM. See DIY forum for a download manual under Online Manuals post.

good luck

Old 10-08-2014, 06:53 PM

Agree, likely the heater core valve located near the fire wall under the hood on the drivers side OR try popping off the **** and see if the plastic on the **** is cracked. It the **** is cracked call the dealer and spend 6 bucks for a new one and see if it fixes it. It not try lubricated the pivot point on the heater core valve or manually shut it off and see if the cabin temp changes. If one person turns the know to cold and another is looking under the hood you will know which direction to manually push it. Too often with the 1990 to 1997s it often becomes the linkage the drives it between the **** and and valve is gummed up and failing. So I guess that could also be the problem.