General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 Accord Brake Calipers + Pad Parts

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 08:03 PM
Default 94 Accord Brake Calipers + Pad Parts

Hello,

I'm looking to buy replacement calipers and pads (rear) for my 94 Accord LX, and I was wondering if anyone could link me to a good online store to do so? I'd get them from Advance, but they have that core charge which I'm not willing to pay. Amazon also has a bit of selection, but I'm not sure how to ascertain that they will fit my car.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Old 11-14-2014, 01:05 AM
Super Moderator

The core charge gets refunded back to you when you return the original calipers.

I know the EX has rear disc brakes and the DX has drums. I thought the LX had drum brakes too, but I could be wrong, so please verify you have rear disc brakes.

Why are you replacing the calipers?

Old 11-14-2014, 02:41 PM
Almost A Senior Member
Cool

I replaced the front brake pads on my 97 Accord in 2008 when I first bought the car. I bought the pads from Autozone for 50.00, and they were Duralast gold ceramic pads. I was amazed how long these pads lasted, and last month at 50K miles and 6 years later only one pad was worn down to the tell tale tab. The others all had about a half inch of pad left.

I bought a second set of the exact same pads, and returned the old ones with 50K for a complete refund, so no cost to me other than my time/labor.

Made sure I greased up the caliper bolts and lube points really good, so hopefully now all pads will wear evenly.

These worked for me, and good luck with what you choose to do.

Old 11-15-2014, 06:52 PM

Thanks for the replies. My car is the LX series and has rear disc brakes. I'm replacing the calipers because I suspect that they're dragging (a common problem, apparently).

With regard to the core charge, I am trying to avoid it altogether because my car is on its last leg. This is likely the last replacement of anything on the car, so I'm trying to keep cost down to bare minimum (doing all the work myself so as to avoid shop labor charges).

That said, Autozone and Advance (both of which incur core charges) are not my preference. Any suggestions for where else I might look?

Thanks again!!

Old 11-16-2014, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

Again the "core" charge will be refunded when you return the old calipers. Or if you have another ride, take the old calipers off the car. Take them to the store when you go to get the new parts and you are done.

Old 11-16-2014, 11:23 AM

I was amazed how long these pads lasted, and last month at 50K miles and 6 years later only one pad was worn down to the tell tale tab.

Kind of off topic, but not really. Ford Fiesta don't have that. Unless you inspect them often, the first sign you need new pads it's too late. Not just for the pads, but rotors and calipers. Even my 65 Corvair had those.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:19 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I was confused about the core charge, but this cleared it up. I just purchased a set from AutoZone.

Thanks again!!