General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 Accord EX wont start or turn over ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 94 Accord EX wont start or turn over ???

hi everyone this is probably one of a million post about there accord not starting but i want to be sure what wrong with my accord before i have a someone look at it. heres the prob this car has been running strong for over the 3 years ive had it. on and off sometimes over these 3 years it hesitates when i go to start it up but it still starts up so i havent thought to much about it., now it does it more n more when i start it turning over slowly untill now last week it wont even turn over now. my dad told me it was the starter so im just asking to make sure it is. and now my car alarm and radio is acting all crazy so i dont really know to much any help would be appreciated cause im driving my gas guzzeler ford truck to work now and its hurting my pocket book. thanks a bunch

Old 11-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

I was thinking your starter when first reading the post until I saw you had a car alarm installed. Do you have some sort of security system installed on your car?

If yes, then I would have the battery tested. A weak battery can confuse the alarm system. You may want to try jumper cables.

You may also want to disconnect the battery and clean all ends of both battery cables with a small wire brush or some sand paper.

If you have a volt meter, you want to check that the small blk/wht wire going to the starter is getting 12V to ground when the key is turned to the start position.