General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

94 accord intermintent problem, please help!

Old 03-25-2012, 10:30 PM
Default 94 accord intermintent problem, please help!

Lets start with info I have a 4door 94 accord 5speed ex 2.2 vtech. the issue that I am having is that when it is hot (live in florida) over 85f, or raining, I have starting issues. I start the car and will have a check engine light, and have to stay on the gas to keep it running. If i try to rev the engine up it is fine till 3200 rpm then acts like it hits the rev limiter in nuteral and other gears. if i let off the gas the car stalls. after messing around turning it off and on for a while the engine light will go away and it will start up and run like a champ with no cel. at night when cool it will start and run fine. i tried pulling the code from the connector but never flashes and i have tried this at least 20 times and i used to pull codes a lot so i know im doing it right. also replaced the main relay. as well as pulled the ecm and inspected the board for burn marks and nothing. i have checked fuel pressure and is good. this is driving me nuts. if any one has experiance with this issue or can give me some input it is much appreciated.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

You may want to disconnect the battery and clean all ends of both battery cables. Then stop by a parts store and have them test the battery and alternator.

I would look at car-part.com for used ECUs for your accord by distance or price. I know a moderator on here had a ECU problem. He inspected the ECU board and saw no problems, but replacing the ECU solved his problem.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:17 PM

thanks for the input, dont know if u have heard of this but some one said to make sure the oil is at a good level because the vtec will act up and do the issue im talking about. well i will change the oil and clean the screen. if that dosent solve the issue computer it is. thanks again