General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 Accord Manual Trans - undercarriage noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 04:37 PM
THM
Default 94 Accord Manual Trans - undercarriage noise

I bought a well-maintained Accord off Craigslist. The person owned it for 14 years and had every maintenance receipt for that entire time. Used the same mechanic the whole time.

During the test drive, the person described an intermittent noise that didn't appear during the test drive. She was very clear that she'd tried to have her mechanic find the source (she had the receipts) and all that. The driveability was fine .. shifts nice ... good tires, the clear coat is shot, but - hey.

I've been able to replicate the situations -

happens at highway speed, generally after shifting into fifth, when the car sits back after acceleration. I've also been able to duplicate the sound when down shifting to third from around forty-five to fifty miles an hour.

To me it sounds like a cable rubbing against something.

The clutch was replaced about four months ago. The mechanic had looked at it - along with the exhaust.

Is there some bracket that shifts forward that might be causing this to happen under certain sets of circumstances?

thanks,

Old 12-15-2011, 05:18 PM

Not sure if you have firgured it out yet. But I had something similar happening to me. It sounded like a clutch pedal issue and it was. I dont know if I am allowed to link to another post but here was my issue that I posted.
https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...-solved-44466/

Good luck!