General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

94 honda accord ex - No crank, no click, Possible at gear position switch issue?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 02:13 PM
Default 94 honda accord ex - No crank, no click, Possible at gear position switch issue?

Well I'm not too swift with cars and how to repair them so I'm really in need of some help. I cant afford a mechanic right now. Anyways I went to start my car and it would not start, all the dash lights come on and headlights are bright. The battery is fully charged , and I hear no clicks coming from the starter or the solenoid. I read some posts and took off the blk/white whire from the starter and had my gf try to start my car while I held a test probe to it and it showed it wasnt getting any power. I also tried a multimeter with the same result. Anyways after lookin at some wiring diragrams it shows that wire goes from the solenoid on the starter to a AT gear position switch..I have no idea what this part looks like or where it is located. I have called Oreillys and Advance auto parts trying to get a price check on it, and they have no idea what I am talking about and referred me to a Neutral Position Switch. Are these the same things? With my car being a automatic would it even have one? It would make sence something like this may be an issue seeing as how my car has had problems going into gears at times, while other gears would work fine. It has been a sparratic problem I had thought was the transmission going out. But could that also be attributed to the AT Gear position Switch?

Sorry for the book I just wanted to give as much info as possible, and I would greatly appreciate any help...Thanks!

Old 09-28-2013, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

Does the car have an alarm system installed?

Can you move the shifter to N and try starting the car?

You can pull the console and check/test the position switch.

As far as the name.....there could be several but yes, neutral position sounds correct......again I would test first.