General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

94 Honda Accord LX Sedan 2.2L-NEED HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 07:51 AM
Default 94 Honda Accord LX Sedan 2.2L-NEED HELP PLEASE

Hello,

I have a 1994 Honda Accord LX 2.2L that is giving me a terrible time. It died on my wife in a drive through while she was at a stop placing an order. It did not make any unusual noises, just shut off and then would not start back up. We pushed it out of the drive through and after about 20 minutes, once I got there I tried starting it and it started right up. We noticed it was very low on oil and added like 3 quarts to it. We drove it several times over the weekend and she drove it to work and home on Monday with no further issues. However. on Tuesday while at a stop light, the same thing happened. They were able to push it into a parking lot and once again I arrived in about 20 minutes. We were having it towed to my mechanic but I decided to try it again before he arrived and it started right up. Once my mechanic got it, he let it run out back of his shop for over 90 minute without it dying. It runs perfectly fine once it is running. He then got in it to drive it and less then 2 miles away, it died on him and would not start back. He walked back to his shop and had his coworker take him back to the car and again it started. He then had it die on him later that day when trying to take it for another drive and it has not been able to start it again since then.

The CEL light is not and has not been on. He has checked the distributor, timing belt, and fuel pump. We have replaced the main relay, and I just tried replacing the ECU yesterday with no success. The vehicle will crank but will not turn over. I personally know nothing about vehicles so I am no use. My mechanic however has been working on my vehicles for 4 years and has never steered me wrong and not been able to fix anything. He says he has no idea what is causing this however and I am at a standstill. Can anyone make any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Drew

Old 07-22-2014, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

See Section 2 of this link for possible causes:

Honda Acura ignition (no spark) troubleshooting tutorial - How to