General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

94 LX Accord, cranks but won't start

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 02:18 PM
Default 94 LX Accord, cranks but won't start

First tonight I couldn't get my car to start. It will crank but won't start. I've read a few forums and see what things I need to do to see what may be wrong (spark plugs, fuel pump). What I would like to do is add in another issue and some information and get some more expert opinions.

For the last 6 months whenever there has been rainy weather I've had a hard time getting my gears to engaged (at least that's what it feels like, also driving a manual). I would really be interested in what this problem is. And why when rainy?

Besides wanting to know the previous problem I bring this up because tonight when I had this crank but won't start problem it also seemed like I was really experiencing the second problem (also a rainy night).

Any opinions/help greatly appreciated, thanks.

As an update the next day the car started just as usual. The only difference I can tell is it's a sunny day. Another thing I should have mentioned is that recently when I leave the car in neutral and idle it'll periodically have a smooth rpm then drop slightly and the car will shake.

Old 03-26-2012, 03:15 PM

I can't say for sure what the problem may be,But do a rainy day test.What that means,is when the car is running fine on a nice sunny day,open the hood and use a spray bottle with water and mist the engine in places while its running.

Do not soak it.

It might help you narrow down where the problem is.

I have seen cars run lousy in the rain because of old/bad plug wires,moisture in the distributor cap,modules,vacuum leaks,egr and etc.Some sensors like map or maf when wet can act up as well.

Hope you find whats wrong.Keep us posted.