General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 manual transmission will not go in to gear

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 05:31 AM
Default 94 manual transmission will not go in to gear

I have only had the car for about 6 months. About 3 months ago I noticed it wasn't going into gear as smoothly. The fluid was a little low so I filled it up and pumped the clutch to bleed it this fixed the problem. The last couple days the same problem has been happening except much worse. Again the fluid was a little low so I filled it and bleed. A few hours later I went to start my car and I couldn't even get it to shift out of gear. The fluid was full so I pumped the clutch and tried to bleed again. After about ten minutes I could shift again and after the car was warm it shifted beautiful. Then the next morning again I couldn't even shift out of gear. Also the fluid currently in the car is pretty dark, is this normal? It seems to not want to shift when the car is cold. Also I believe I am leaking fluid but a very very small amount I have used one bottle of fluid in about 6 months. Ideas?? Please help!

Old 12-07-2010, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

Did you properly bleed the clutch to remove air from the lines? Simply pumping the pedal doesn't do it.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Newest Of Newbies

hey buddy im new but i kno wats wrong lol, with accords our year you need to flush it out when it looks like that. Its realy easy, there is a bleeder valve in the tranny when doin it by urself fill open valve pump clutch 3-4x's then close check level an repeat till clear, our cars dont like air bubbles it act's like no clutch when it happens. if udont replace always keep a 8mm wrench with u an some brake fluid. I hope i helped you! An JimBlake is completely correct!!!!!!

Old 12-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by 94AccordEXThesleeper
hey buddy im new but i kno wats wrong lol, with accords our year you need to flush it out when it looks like that. Its realy easy, there is a bleeder valve in the tranny when doin it by urself fill open valve pump clutch 3-4x's then close check level an repeat till clear, our cars dont like air bubbles it act's like no clutch when it happens. if udont replace always keep a 8mm wrench with u an some brake fluid. I hope i helped you! An JimBlake is completely correct!!!!!!
On the tranny not in i'm sorry for that!! its directly behind the low speed fan.