General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

94 with a rev problem any advice?

Old 02-19-2014, 08:00 PM
Default 94 with a rev problem any advice?

So I have a 94 lx with the stock 2.2l engine. When my wife bought the car it ran fine and then we ran into problems with the transaxle. replaced the transaxle in September of last year but when I lifted the car yesterday ive blown both cv boots. Also the previous owner cut the coils so the whole car is dropped almost to the ground (which is why both boots have blown.) With all of that said, my problem is that when I turn a corner my car hesitates for a second and then revs to about 6000rpm all the while I have no power on the ground. Once this stops, and it only lasts a second the car resumes normal driving. This also tends to happen if I slow down and let up on the gas before speeding up. I'm not entirely sure if my problem is that my car is so low that the cv's have a hard time transferring torque from the motor to the tire or whether I may have a transmission issue. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 02-19-2014, 11:18 PM
Super Moderator

I would get the suspension to stock setup, since you are tearing through CV joints.

I'm not sure what you want to spend on the car to fix it. I found a cheap set of slightly used shocks/springs on craigslist for my 95 accord. IMO, having the dampener/spring assembled makes this a pretty simple diy.

I would check for other suspension problems too.

A moderator on here likes Raxles for replacement CV joints. They are pricey, but his 94 accord rode much better when they were installed.

Old 02-20-2014, 12:34 AM

Okay that's actually what I was thinking of doing I'm going to hit our local junkyards in a few days so hopefully they'll have what I need. I'm in the beginning stages of rebuilding my trans and engine. Hopefully I don't have to replace the transaxle again. Thanks for the tips!