General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 Accord 02 sensor plug (Where is it?)

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 06:25 PM
okieflyr
Unregistered
Exclamation 95 Accord 02 sensor plug (Where is it?)

I've just replaced the engine in my daughter 95 Accord LX 2.2 auto, and need to hook up the o2 sensor. The sensor is in the pipe in front of the catalyst,and it's plug is on the support bracket, but I cannot (for the life of me) find the plug from the engine/ecu harness side. I used the original engine harness in the swap and disconnected it at one time during removal. But over time of the the switch, I've lost track of it.
Can someone please tell me where this plug harness originates from?
Does it exit from the engine harness? and where?
Or from the body somewhere? This is the silliest and most frustrating problem that should be a simple fix.

Thanks, Kevin

Old 02-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

It comes out of the harness that goes under the distributor in a plastic conduit. Same harness as the temp sensor, speed sensors, lockup solenoid, and shift control solenoid. O2 sensor is end of the harness from diagrams in my 94 Accord manual.

Download the 94-97 Accord manual from Online Manuals link for guidance. Page 23-17 in my manual.

good luck

Old 02-08-2009, 07:12 PM
okieflyr
Unregistered
Default 95 Accord Sensor

Originally Posted by TexasHonda
It comes out of the harness that goes under the distributor in a plastic conduit. Same harness as the temp sensor, speed sensors, lockup solenoid, and shift control solenoid. O2 sensor is end of the harness from diagrams in my 94 Accord manual.

Download the 94-97 Accord manual from Online Manuals link for guidance. Page 23-17 in my manual.

good luck
Thanks TexasHonda,

All the sensors mentioned are plugged in, and with the age of the harness, everything already has a "set" to where it goes. I'll trace it from there thanks.

Kevin
"you have to be smarter than what your workin' on"