General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

96 trans help, slight slipping at times

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Question 96 trans help, slight slipping at times

well i have a 96 accord ex with an auto trans, 140k miles. ive noticed that sometimes when shifting to a higher gear, the revs will go up higher but it wont shift for like a split second (slipping?). it then goes on accelerating alright. also, when going around a turn then hitting the gas, the revs will go up pretty high for a bit longer (good second) then revs drop and starts accelerating. i dont know much mechanic wise but i can guarantee thats a trans problem of some sort lol. any solutions?
i was also planning some performance upgrades. first step is trans, so i wanted to know what was most worth my money to buy an upgrade or rebuild the original. i basically need a trans that can handle like 300 hp and i want an auto (dont care about ur opinions as to why manual is better, no offense). ive been searching and searching but cant find what i want, even though so many ppl supposedly have them in their upgraded cars? where can i look? if i could find it for a good price that would be amazing, somewhere under a thousand and id jump for joy lol
any advice is greatly appreciated!! any at all sorry for the essay^^

Old 09-15-2010, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

What upgrades are you planning for the engine to get it to 300hp?

Old 09-23-2010, 06:54 PM
Newest Of Newbies

my bad for answering for so long. but i wanna rebuild the head and throw a turbo in. not sayin exactly 300 but in the general area, you kno. i just have no idea where to start with this trans stuff

Old 09-23-2010, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

I am not into engine mods, so I am no expert.

I think the two most common engine performance setups are the F22 engine with a turbo, or the H22 stock engine starting at 200hp.

The two transmissions that I would consider are your stock (F22) transmission or the H22. They should both bolt up to your engine. I am not sure which setup would be best for the engine mods you want to do.

Most people in this sub-forum are asking for help fixing their cars. I think that you may want to post a thread in the Engine & Internal thread to get those member's opinions.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

To keep it on the road until you can get to your upgrades. Slipping more in turns, check the fluid level. Honda says to check within a few sec's/min's of shutting the car off after driving, IIRC. You could also do a drian and fill. Again just rying to keep it "going" until you are ready for the upgrades which, like PA, I'm not good at...now if you want to talk SB Chevy...I'm in.