General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

auto trans bucking in 2nd and maybe slipping?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 08:05 PM
fastdart360
Unregistered
Default auto trans bucking in 2nd and maybe slipping?

Well here it goes,Ihave a 1998 honda accord ex v6 2door i fixed the start problem that i had i put a fuel pump in it, with the help of you guys, . Well now new problem, the transmission feels likes its sliping in 2nd and it shifts really hard in 1st to 2nd gear, when you hit passing gear its slips really bad before it catches the gear, is this problay just a bad trans or maybe a valve body problem or somthing i could fix, or just buy a nother trans or get this one rebuilt.

or can i buy a used trans off of someone
does any one no what trans this is .

Old 01-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Default RE: auto trans bucking in 2nd and maybe slipping?

I may be totally off base but excuse me if I am. I had a 1996 Buick a long time ago and had a similar thing occur with bucking which really seemed to be the transmission. I was panicked and took it to my service station. It turned out to be the plug wires, plugs and distributor cap needing replacement. I guess as they aged it caused these symptoms.

I just wanted to mention that, not knowing if it is possible with our Accords, but if it is, it is much cheaper than replacing the transmission.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Is check engine light or D4 light ON or blinking? Hard 1-2 shift can be caused by failed Vehicle Speed Sensor, however this sets CEL on and D4 light blinking.

Make sure fluid level is fine. If it hasn't been changed recently, a fresh drain/refill may help.

Check for transmission codes. Some trans codes don't cause the D4 light to flash and may still be present. Short Service Check Connector and read D4 light flashes (long flash =10, short flash=1, long pause between separate codes)

good luck

good luck

Old 01-31-2008, 11:12 PM
dsm81
Unregistered

I am new to this site and just bought a 95 accord with the sohc vtec in it with the auto tranny. I was told previous that the speed sensor was out and needed replacing. The car makes a slight knocking noise from the top end and I was told that when the speed sensor goes out it causes the vtec system to go into "Limp mode" preventing the vtec to kick on which is why it knocks. When I drove the car it does very similar to this guys problem. the tranny slips and the cel light is staying on also the d4 is blinking. Will all of my problems be linked to the speed sensor? The car constantlly revs up and down too.please help me. This is my first honda and i dont want to make it my last one. A speed sensor at a local automotive parts place cost 80-90 bucks. I found the on ebay for about 25 shipping included. Are this on ebay any good?

Thanks

Old 02-01-2008, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

I suggest posting your own thread. I and others will respond.

good luck