General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

97 dist parts help

Old 01-07-2017, 02:11 PM
Default 97 dist parts help

Hey there.
'97 accord wagon LX, f22b2
distributor is leaking, and I would like to replace the o ring(s) and cap seal
I stopped by my local shop to see if they had the o ring, but they had two different sizes and they were unable to tell me which one I should use.
I looked it up on advance auto parts website for reference, and they list a fel-pro 25 mm ID ring Part No. 72416
and an Beck/Arnley Part No. 039-6575 that doesn't list a size.

Could someone point me to the correct o ring and seal for this engine?
Thanks

If there's a better section for this or a thread already feel free to point me to it.

Old 01-07-2017, 03:20 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by Sylvan-SE-VT
Hey there.
'97 accord wagon LX, f22b2
distributor is leaking, and I would like to replace the o ring(s) and cap seal
I stopped by my local shop to see if they had the o ring, but they had two different sizes and they were unable to tell me which one I should use.
I looked it up on advance auto parts website for reference, and they list a fel-pro 25 mm ID ring Part No. 72416
and an Beck/Arnley Part No. 039-6575 that doesn't list a size.

Could someone point me to the correct o ring and seal for this engine?
Thanks

If there's a better section for this or a thread already feel free to point me to it.
Here's an "offsite" link that includes pictures of replacing the inner seals, along with the outer "O" ring. I did a quick look here, but didn't do a search, as I had saved the link below in the past.
How-To: Replace Internal Seal of Distributor (Internal Oil Leak) - Honda-Tech
RockAuto lists a kit for $7.11 that includes both inner seals and the outer O-ring; Dorman # 917136. There might be other sites to try, as the link above mentions using parts train for a source for the seals (didn't check to see if they were cheaper). Also, there's no size given on the Dorman O ring, but maybe someone can cross reference the Dorman number and give you a size to see if it matches 1 of the 2 numbers you gave.
I hope this helps.

Old 01-07-2017, 09:32 PM
Almost A Senior Member

I replaced my outer o ring on my distributor,,I got it from the local dealer,,and only 1 is listed,,cost about $1.88 ,,, did it when i replaced the starter recently.. good luck...use your local dealer only...shopping online for parts on these generation is sketchy at best.