General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

97 Overheating issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 08:02 PM

I have a 97 accord 2 dr, i have major overheating issues with my car, i have replaced the thermostat, upper and lower hoses, the radiator and now the upper hose again tonight after it popped on my way home, while pouring mor fluid in i find that another is another leak below the radiator, i have run out of daylight to work on it now, but the guy at autozone said i am having a pressure problem. can someone please help me? i am just clueless as to what to do and getting more frustrated with this car since i bought it, i feel i am just burning money replacing parts every other day

Old 10-08-2011, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by notAgoodMECHANIC626
I have a 97 accord 2 dr, i have major overheating issues with my car, i have replaced the thermostat, upper and lower hoses, the radiator and now the upper hose again tonight after it popped on my way home, while pouring mor fluid in i find that another is another leak below the radiator, i have run out of daylight to work on it now, but the guy at autozone said i am having a pressure problem. can someone please help me? i am just clueless as to what to do and getting more frustrated with this car since i bought it, i feel i am just burning money replacing parts every other day
No master mechanic but you replaced the thermostat, upper and lower hoses and the radiator. On your way home the upper hose popped, popped off or a hole in it? You could have a bad thermostat, I like Honda parts there tolerances are tighter. Don't know what else to say, sorry not much help. All those parts the thermostat is the only thing that moves. You sure you have those hoses on tight enough?

Old 10-09-2011, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

Have the head gasket checked after inspecting the thermostat that was just installed.

Was this happening before the other work was done?