New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Compression/Overheating issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 11:02 AM
Default Compression/Overheating issue

Hello everyone,

This is my first post but hope someone can help.

My 1993 Honda Accord, 5-speed, with 203,000 miles is having issues.

A couple weeks ago, the brake light came on and I thought maybe the sensor on the parking brake might be bad. Well the brake pedal started getting mushy, so I checked the brake resevoir and it was empty. I filled it back up and pumped the brake but still squishy from time to time and from what I have seen, this is a classic master cylinder issue which I was planning on fixing next week. This has gotten a lot worse.

Now in the last week, I installed a borrowed sound system (just a Pioneer CD receiver and 4 Infinity speakers from the Eclipse GSX I am rehabilitating), and been running A/C due to the heat, and the car's fan has been kicking on and running continuously when I turn the car off for a good 30 min to an hour. The night I had installed this, I was on my way to pick up my fiance from work with the A/C and stereo up, as I was testing the system. At a red light, the car died and the Check Engine Light came on and stayed on until I arrived at her work (a distance of about 2 miles). I turned it off and back on, and the light was off.

Now yesterday, I pick her up from work, we go to a park and the car is idling for 20 min, we leave and the car dies everytime I am slowing down, a total of 4 times,, with the Check Engine Light on again. I get home, turn it off and back on, check engine light off. I pop the hood and one of the full injector plugs are out. So I plug it in, go to the autozone to get oil, and it dies again. This morning with the engine cooled, I noticed it was down 1.5 Quarts.

It always seems to be worse if the A/C is on. In fact if the car is sputtering at 1000RPM, and I turn on the A/C, the car dies.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by 93 Accord Driver; 05-30-2011 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Left out information