General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

98 Accord cruise control not working anymore

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 07:35 PM
Default 98 Accord cruise control not working anymore

Cruise control is not working on my 1998 Honda Accord LX 2-door coupe with a 2.3L VTEC engine (175K miles)

This all seemed to have started after I gave the car a complete tune up (cap, rotor, plugs, wires) and am wondering if i did anything wrong during my tune up process.

The bottom bolt on the rotor cap was a pain for me so I had my brother do it and not sure if he did anything wrong as it seems that after he worked on it is when I started having issues.

The main switch on the dashboard isn't lit when I press it and don't recall if it ever was. (possible problem?)

The 14p connector to the control unit is missing a wire where pin 8 is supposed to be, which apparently is where I need to troubleshoot the operation of the unit itself according to the diagnostic troubleshooting guide I found here http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/ru...329_cruise.pdf

Every wire is there except for pin 8, no wire at all. Since I've never had any problem whatsoever with the cruise control in the past, I'm assuming that this is not a problem.

I've checked all fuses and all are fine, brake lights work, it appears the linkage is in tact so if I am missing something could someone please be of assistance to me, I do a lot of highway driving and have a lead foot so my cruise is very important to me

Old 04-27-2015, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator

Does your car have a manual or automatic transmission?

The Blu/Grn at terminal no. 8 is for Accords with an automatic transmission; it is the cruise control signal output wire that goes to the PCM.

If your car has a manual transmission, that would explain why there is no Blu/Grn wire at terminal no. 8.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:21 PM

Yes its a manual transmission so that sheds more light on the issue thanks