General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 Accord Door Permenantly locked

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 01:11 PM
howserjm
Unregistered
Default 98 Accord Door Permenantly locked

I own a 98 accord, all base model, no power and I can't get in the driver side door. One day I parked by my mail box, shut the door, grabbed the mail, and then when I went to get back in the door was jammed shut. The lock appeared open (in upright position), but the door won't budge from inside or out. I am tired of jumping over my center console from the passenger side to get in...can anyone help? My mechanic said I would have to take it to a body shop so they could remove the front quarter pannel and take the door off. I can't get the door panel off since the door won't open. Could a slim jim pop it open maybe? Any suggestions?

LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS!!! THANKS GUYS!

Old 01-26-2006, 03:33 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 98 Accord Door Permenantly locked

hey welcome to the forum, you came to the right place. so.......

gank out your front seat... to bolts in the front two behind.
take your door panel off. there is a phillips screw in the door handle, that is where you want to start. take it out...slide the door handle mechanism forward, then pull it out about an inch, there is a metal bar secured with a clip, take a flat head screwdriver and turn the clip then lift out the metal bar, now completely take out the door handle. also, where the arm rest is, there is another phillips screw, take it out. now the rest of the panel should just snap off, but look around for other phillips screws. starting at the side toward the rear or at the bottom is usually the best way. stick your flat head under the panel and find where the clips are and apply upward pressure right where the clip is. once you lift the bottom of the panel off you shouldnt have any trouble. now pull that plastic **** back carefully cause your gonna want to put that **** back on. check and see what is broken or sticking in there and FIX it.

lightshow

Old 01-26-2006, 06:30 PM
howserjm
Unregistered
Default RE: 98 Accord Door Permenantly locked

Thanks lightshow...I will give it a try!