General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

98 Accord EX with Stock alarm problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 11:16 AM
jtluvul
Unregistered
Default 98 Accord EX with Stock alarm problem

Hi everybody,

I own a 98 Honda Accord EX (2.3L VTECH) wich has a stock alarm. When I first bought the car, the keyless entry remote used to work withno hick ups. I would press the button that has an open lock icon printed on it and thedriver power lock will unlock (press it again and the remaining 3 power locks unlock as well), the alarm will deactivate, and it would make a sound of 2 continuous
beeps. I would press the button that has a closed lock printed on it andthe alarm would activate, all power locks would lock, and you would hear a single beep. Everything was working fine until I had an accident which requiered some body work done to the car. Ever since, the keyless remote entry can't seem to deactivate the alarm. It does continue to unlock/lock the doors however. Now, whenever I press the unlock button on the remote, it unlocks the driver doors but the alarm goes off and, of course, it disables the ignition so I can't turn the car on. Now, I hit the cut off switch while I have the key in the run position and it deactivates the alarm and I'm able to turn on the car and go about my business. But it's very annoying having to do this every time I get in my car. Also, when I press the button on the keyless remote to lock/enable the alarm, the doors get locked but alarm doesn't enable. Alarm automatically enables like about 30 seconds later after I lock the doors. Has anybody out there experience this problem or similar problem before? Is there anything I can do to remedy this problem?

Thanks much in advance.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:31 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 98 Accord EX with Stock alarm problem

reset the multiplex unit by setting the intermittent wiper ring to the mid way position with all accessories off and turn the car on wait 30 secs and turn car off.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:49 PM
jtluvul
Unregistered

Ok thank you for the quick reply...I will try that and post results later today.

Old 06-01-2007, 07:36 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

did it work?