General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 Accord Engine Light on

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 09:48 AM
salipoh2
Unregistered
Default 99 Accord Engine Light on

Hello..anyone online ??

i already brought my car at hubby shop on base and after reading the code, they found out that the O2 sensor is the problem and another one sensor (they can't tell me what yet)..Just want to ask if the O2 sensor price they gave me is the right price?.. up stream $182 ; downstream $130+...and asking for a $104 labor charge.

thx !

Old 11-18-2008, 10:00 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 99 Accord Engine Light on

Is this a Euro R?

Old 12-12-2008, 10:36 AM
salipoh2
Unregistered
Default RE: 99 Accord Engine Light on

The price they quoted are in dollar price. It's an after mark parts sensors.
Here's the update. After they replaced the sensors(up and down streams), they found out that engine is still on and based on their troubleshoot the circuit or ECU might be the problem. They recommend me to go to Honda dealer (here in Germany) to see if they just need to reprogram the computer. So I went there and let them check it and they found out that the "sensor1" is the one showing on their computer and there's no other problem showed. So, I went back to hubby shop on base and they can't believe it's the sensor since they diagnose other problem.

So, its hard for me to understand them now since their diagnostic did'nt match.
The first thing I let the shop on base do it is just because of the feedback from other people that they might overpriced me if I went right away to the Honda dealer(euro).. It came out that the shop here on base charged me $191 for labor costs already.

Is is true that the honda parts might be as double as the one that is after mark parts?.

TY.