General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 accord, possible head gasket

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 02:10 PM
Default 99 accord, possible head gasket

hi my name is bruce. having a problem with my girls 99 accord.

started quite some time back, few months.

at first, the car had hesitation when trying to go, but not a misfire, just took a few seconds to accelerate sometimes.

well it got worse as time went along. and it actually turned into a misfire as well.

the car started having overheating issues, was going thru coolant practically every other day. that got worse as time went along and we just started adding water everyday.

just yesterday she called me b.c she stalled out on the road. she said the car wouldnt start again. when i got there about 10 mins later the car started up for me with alittle pressure on the gas. i noticed what looked like moisture in the oil.

this morning she calls me that the car stalled again, so i got there 15 mins later, put pressure on the gas, and it started for me. i drove about 1 mile and the car died. i notice the temp guage spiked. went to add water. let it sit for a few mins. managed to get it to start and drove it to a parking lot and had a friend come tow it.

the car ran with a terrible misfire and no power when i pushed in the gas to try to drive it.

i noticed a large oil spill underneath the car, the car had oil leaks before but this was a huge pile that had just accumulated,
and it looked like milkshake oil. very light color and slightly thicker.

my only thought it a blown head gasket or cracked head. anyone have recommendations? troubleshooting? advice? best way to go about it and have what checked/fixed/etc? anything is helpful. thank you very much.