General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 Honda Accord EX Power Window Mystery

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 09:24 PM
Default 99 Honda Accord EX Power Window Mystery

Hi folks,
I have a peculiar problem that is a mystery to me. My passenger side window will go down but not up from the drivers side master switch. I have replaced the regulator and it wasn't that. I replaced the window switch on the passenger side because apparently that was broken and now the window works great from the passenger side but the problem still persist from the drivers side. I bought a used master power window switch from E bay and connected it and it has the same problem so that leads me to believe its not the switch. Any ideas?

Old 09-18-2011, 06:38 AM
Super Moderator

Are the door locks acting up? Anyway, doesn't quite sound like the same as what I have seen before when the multiplex "goes to sleep". Might try to reset it, does't cost anything but a bit of time.

1. turn the ignition switch off
2. turn the wiper intermittent time ring to the middle position.
3. turn the ignition switch to on. -on NOT Started
4. check the operation of all the power windows from the master
power window swtch and the power door locks.

Again, usually the locks are acting up, worth a try. If this doesn't help let us know and we can go for more testing.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:21 PM

Thanks poorman212 for the suggestion but unfortunately it did not work.
This really is a mystery. This window problem is really annoying. Thanks for your suggestion if you have any others let me know. Thanks.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Most likely a faulty connection from Master Control Panel to door wiring harness. You can test by jumping the Down wire and Power supply wire near the switch connector (master panel). You will need a sharp pin/nail to penetrate the wires and jumper the switch.

On my 94 Accord manual wire colors were blu/blk power feed to switch and Blu out.

If you unplug the entire master switch panel and jumper the connector pins, I don't think the window will work becasue Power Window Relay will be open. You could jumper the Power Window relay and try connecting wires at master switch connector. You would also need to jumper ground to main switch panel.

You will absolutely need a wiring diagram for your power window setup.

good luck

Old 10-04-2011, 03:10 AM

Did you ever find out what was wrong??? I have a similar problem, all my windows will go up and down BUT my passenger front door window only go down if you press the button on its door. If you try to put it down with the drivers button it will not go down only up. I got kinda used to it but I would like to fix it. Also my drivers rear door lock will only work 50% of the time when it feels like it, I also got used to it lol

Old 10-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Faulty or dirty switch in the master control panel. Recently, a poster was able to remove and clean the switch. A search might find the post.

good luck

Old 10-04-2011, 07:57 PM

The master control pannel would be this right???

94-97 ACCORD MASTER WINDOW SIDE SWITCH POWER DARK BLUE | eBay

Old 10-05-2011, 02:45 PM

Hi Phobia,
No, unfortunately I still have the problem. Although I did take it to a local nmechanic and he made the same suggestion that TexasHonda made which was a bad wire from the master control to the door wiring harness. I actually plan on working on this problem this weekend now that my honeydo list is done.

Thanks for all your help to everyone on this forum I will write again with updates after this weekend.