General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 Honda Accord small light/interior light help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 04:06 PM
enemysquad
Unregistered
Default 99 Honda Accord small light/interior light help!!!!

Alrite so heres the deal, I was trying to fix the light in the glove box and took it all apart and what not. Alrite so im thinking that the little glove box connecter must've touched something because when I tried to turn on the light on the car. The small light and the interior lights did not turn on anymore, so of course its the fuse that got burned out. So I replace the fuse with a brand new one and the wires for the glove box light start to smoke so I quickly take the fuse out and try not to catch my car on fire.

So I fix the glove box light and make sure nothing is touching it and now when I put the new small light/interior light fuse back in the lights turn on and stay on even when I have all the lights and the car off, the small lights still stay on. So now when I have the new fuse in the fuse box the lights stay on and do not turn off. I really dont know what happend im thinking a lighting relay or something must've fired when the glove box light wires started to smoke and melt together. I was wondering maybe something like this happend to someone else and could help me out in any way!!!!!

Old 10-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan
Default RE: 99 Honda Accord small light/interior light help!!!!

Glove box lights are hot all the time, so the only time they are off is when the mechanical switch in the glove box light/switch assy is open. Have you pressed the switch and the light does not go out? If yes, the switch is damaged and must be repaired or replaced.

good luck

Old 10-10-2007, 07:30 PM
JDMSiR94
Unregistered

Its actully a mecury switch just like your trunk light. When the glove box is oped a small ball of mecury rolls down and allows thecurrent to flow to the bulb. Problly what has happened is that that switch is not bolted up right and its allowing power to flow all the time. Try to see if u can fiddle with that switch and see what happenes, if not thenjust check that connection, im pretty sure they are a non-serviceable switch, like 4 bucks.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:35 PM
enemysquad
Unregistered

Yeah the glove box light seems to work fine, but the small light and interior light do not turn off even when the lights are in the off position and the car is off as well.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:02 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

argh ..... I have a similar issue. My dome light doesn't turn on when it's on "Door" from either front door (I didn't try the rears). My passanger door light is out ... can this cause the issue, like the old christmas lights? When I open the driver's door, the door light works and the dash indicator works fine. I usually leave it off, so I never noticed, but I do want it to work.