General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Specific electrical issue RE: Small light fuse.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 07:42 PM
Default Specific electrical issue RE: Small light fuse.

I woke up this morning and went out to my car to find that the left turn signal was on, and not blinking. I turned the car on, and tried to mess with the fuses so see if I could get it off.

Unfortunately, it turns out there was a 30A fuse in my 15A small light fuse slot. The small lights circuit is the problem, but I totally need it to drive becuase without it I have no break lights.

As of now, I move the small light fuse to a spare slot when I park, and put it back before I drive. I took out the turn signal lights top front left and back left but didn't bother removing the front bottom left.

I have to hand signal when turning left, as my right turn signal functions normally.

Hazard lights turn on but do not blink.

If anybody knows where I can start looking to solve the issue of where the short is I would be greatly appreciative.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:13 PM

I have found the location of the electrical issue on a wiring diagram, I just don't know how to access this wire yet. I am going to investigate, but I doubt I will get very far without some very specific advice.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

One the font bumper, or right under it, there is a ground bolt with a bunch of black wires feeding into it. There is one on the passenger and driver's side of the bumper. I would unbolt them, clean the bolt and bracket with some sand paper or a wire brush and reattach.

Let us know what you find after cleaning these grounds.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:00 PM

I was wrong when I said I have no brake lights with teh small light fuse taken out... the small light fuse takes out my running lights, dash gauge lights, and the clock dimmer (when I turn on the headlights).

Figured out by removing the small light fuse, my turn signals work just fine, but I have no running lights, so I can't drive at night. Or I can put the small light fuse in the drive at night, but I will have to hand signal my left turns and take it out when I park.

Talked to an expert friend who thinks it is probably the turn signal switch. I think that's entirely possible.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator

You can do tests on the headlight switch to verify by using a volt meter.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:11 PM

I don't have a volt meter, but I could get one... I am planning to just buy a new switch on amazon before I crack open the column so I can swap it out if its the problem or just return it if it's just a wire somewhere... I looked around for the grounds you talked about but I couldn't get underneath today because it was raining and I was at work.

would love a picture of the ground bolt?

My accord is a 1994 EX manual

Old 05-25-2013, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

See this post, go to post #6. Some pictures of the ground (g201 and g301) that PA is talking about.

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...se-help-34362/