General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS code 18 High pressure system

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 03:14 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default ABS code 18 High pressure system

Hey guys I have a 95 Accord Coupe EX 2.2L automatic. Right off the bat I could tell my brakes needed to be bled and my pedal was soft. Not bad enough to not drive the car or unsafe. Resevoir is full. Going to try bleeding the front brakes first then rear if it doesnt improve. I also read the ABS unit has a bleeder as well. If bleeding doesnt erase the code id like to know other symptoms you found that generated this code in your cars. Thanks guys

Old 10-11-2016, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

Here are the items listed for a code 1-8.

Accumulator gas leakage
• Changed relief valve set pressure
• Rear outlet solenoid valve late to close
• Changed pressure switch set pressure

I remember reading where an o-ring sealing the accumulator may cause this problem.

Here is a thread talking about a fluid leak in the abs unit.

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...buzzing-61770/

And a thread about the o-ring.

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...de-18-a-38613/

Old 10-12-2016, 04:03 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Well later in the night after I made this thread the brake light came on. Went home checked the fluid level it was down to the bottom of the resevoir. Resevoir was full a month ago when I bought the car I had no idea I had a brake fluid leak. Topped resevoir off and my pedal returned to normal. Was too dark to check for leaks but the bottom half of the booster looks like brake fluids been eating it up, could suggest a bad master. Will replace abs o rings for good measure as I hate opening up the brake system repeatedly. Slow leak, brake fluid has not been pooling up where ive been parking I checked everywhere that I stopped.

Last edited by TransAmVII; 10-12-2016 at 04:06 AM.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:47 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Looked over the car today and it appears the master cylinder is leaking like I suspected, gonna look under the car and make sure its not one of the lines below it just to be safe. Cleaned up below the master for now will recheck after test drive. Hopefully dont have to replace booster as well its pricey.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:41 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Finally got around to looking under the car and my brake and fuel lines are extremely rusty and the line going to the left rear caliper is porous and slowly seeping through near the beginning of the rear suspension, im guessing once I replace the master all the fluid will just start coming out the line. Anyone have a link for stainless steel brake line kits?