General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS, TCS, & E-Brake

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 11:49 AM
Default ABS, TCS, & E-Brake

Hey everyone,
I'm new to this forum and just have some issues that I thought you could help me out with!
Not sure if anyone's posted this before cause I haven't read through all the forums but here goes!

On my 05 EX coupe I've been getting all three of these warnings coming on - ABS, TCS and E-brake light. It currently just went through a safety and a body integrity+alignment. I've replaced the ABS module and both front left and right ABS sensors. Brakes are brand new, although I do have 2 newer tires in the rear (215-60/16 on steelies) and 2 OEM Accord rims and tires with about 30% tread. Could it be that? The wheel sensor? Also, my ebrake wiring was fixed yet it still shows that on my dash and it's a real pain.

Anyone have any idea as to what I can look for? What I should test out?
Thanks!

Also! Been having a ton of problems with my battery too, it does immediately when I turn my car off. I had a new battery in it before and worked perfectly, went into the shop and they said that battery was no good and swapped it for a new one. Now it dies faster and I need to boost it every single time. I've charged it and left it for a good while to charge too, yet it drains immediately. Any suggestions? (I live in Canada with -35C to -45C weather changes as of lately) is it time for a newer and bigger battery?

Old 12-27-2013, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

ABS/TCS codes are needed. You may be able to access the codes w/ following link procedure. DIY: SRS Codes and reading them. - Club RSX Message Board

Procedure should work see youtube video:
. Flash code is long flash=10, short flash=1.

ABS light will flash the codes. Flash code decode may not be same as SRS (if this works). Post your flash sequence and we should be able to decode.

ABS and TCS share sensors usually, so fix for ABS may fix TCS.

Otherwise you need access to a Honda Diagnostic System (HDS) to access the codes.

Battery problem sounds like a continuous large drain that is running battery down. You will need to isolate systems w/ fuse box (selectively pulling fuses while measuring battery current flow), confirm drain amps, and locate the drain path; light on in trunk, etc.

good luck

Last edited by TexasHonda; 12-27-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:51 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by Fernc244
Also! Been having a ton of problems with my battery too, it does immediately when I turn my car off. I had a new battery in it before and worked perfectly,went into the shop and they said that battery was no good and swapped it for a new one. Now it dies faster and I need to boost it every single time. I've charged it and left it for a good while to charge too, yet it drains immediately. Any suggestions? (I live in Canada with -35C to -45C weather changes as of lately) is it time for a newer and bigger battery?

I am a little confused on this paragraph.
What does your car do as soon as you turn it off?
Why was your car in the shop?
What does “Now it dies faster” mean?
If it worked perfect before taking it to the shop why didn't you take it back to them to correct their work?

Old 12-28-2013, 10:51 AM

Sorry that it sounded confusing, was writing as I was walking in the cold weather haha.
Yet, as soon as my car is turned off, it no longer turns on again, I try and there's no lights indicating power at all.
My car was in the shop to be safetied at the time, they told me that the battery I had in, was no longer useful, they have me the new one and ever since then, I've had to boost it every time.
Although last night, it started perfectly each time after I removed it again, tightened it back in and had swapped some bulbs out too.

Old 12-28-2013, 10:53 AM

And I've tried taking it back to them, yet with the holidays they've been closed and they've had me on a run around since. It honestly took them 4 months to complete my safety and body integrity.
Let's just say, never going back to them again.
I've done most of the work on the EX, it was just in need of alignment, yet now when I drive I have a slight 5 degree tilt, while driving.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:23 PM

Did the ABS, TCS and E-brake light issue come at the same time as the no start as they may be related. I would have your current battery load tested and check the recharging system.

Old 12-28-2013, 02:17 PM

Yes they did actually and I've tested it last night and it's been working well since last night also. It's mainly just my traction control that comes on now, the other 2 just show the light randomly. I'll definitely be taking it to the dealer soon to see what they say.

Old 12-28-2013, 05:58 PM

According to the web the brake light switch being bad or out of adjustment can turn the TCS light on at random times. As I have never had this experience I can't verify if this is true.

Old 12-29-2013, 12:43 PM

Thanks Kris, you've been a great help!
I'll be checking that tonight and see if it's just loose or needs replacing. If that's the case, I'll have to order one at my shop tomorrow morning!

When it's confirmed or if that's the case, I'll message again and if I continue in with the problem, I'll keep reading!