General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help - TCS/ABS Problem.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 02:20 PM
applejuic3
Unregistered
Default Need Help - TCS/ABS Problem.

Okay.2001 Honda Accord EX V6, 108k miles on it.
I have a problem with my TCS and ABS.
What happens is when I first accelerate, I hear a grinding noise from underneath the hood and it sounds electrical. Only when I first accelerate for about 1 second, and the TCS light will appear for that period of time. Then go off after that time.But, when I push the TCS button and have the light be on [i'm assuming turning the TCS off] the car doesn't grind anymore when I accelerate.So I took it into the shop and they ran a diagnostic of it.
and 14 pages of info came up, and basically what the mechanic said was
that the ABS pump was turning on when I accelerate and it shouldn't be.
and that there was a few codes from the computer that he explained.But the next step is to do 4 hours of diagnostics [447$] in order to do a 30-step process or something to exactly pinpoint the problem whether its wiring or a bad part.Does anyone have any experience with this?
and I don't know too much about accords or whatnot,
does the test sound right?If you have anymore questions I can answer I will be glad to answer I really need help with this because my money is tight and I gotta figure out if it is worth investing the money into it right now.
I have to call him back and give him a yes or no.
Thank you very much.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan
Default RE: Need Help - TCS/ABS Problem.

I don't have experience w/ your particular system, but have repaired several ABS systems. From your description, I would suspect a faulty input to the TCS/ABS control system. System thinks there's a problem and is briefly applying selective brake input to correct path.

No point in guessing. You will need to post the TCS/ABS codes and hopefully someone can provide some guidance. I don't have a manual for your vehicle year, but may be able to suggest something depending on the code/s. Others may be able to help.

Good Luck