General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Accident at My Fault Need Repairing Advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 09:27 AM
Default Accident at My Fault Need Repairing Advice

Was involved in an accident just recently. I hit a pick up truck and no damage was done to the truck, but my 2007 Honda Accord Sedan had damage in the front, the hood area, and stuff is bent around the coolant area. The hood is also hard to close when popped. The guy was not injured and neither was I so we went our ways and no information was exchanged, so I'm not going through this with insurance. My questions are:

1. I have AAA insurance, and was wondering if my premium is likely to go up? I've been in an accident before at the end of 2016 and it was at my fault and insurance was involved which did rise my premium. I have a $500 deductible I think. I don't want this to go on my record, so my conscious says to avoid any insurance talk based on me being at fault.

2. Should I lie to my insurance and say it was a hit and run and no cameras involved? My conscious also says no to this and if they do investigation which I think they will and if I get caught lying I could be in trouble and have to end up paying more with a rise in my premium. Maybe even jail, who knows.

3. Also, when I came back from the auto shop, there was some leakage in the front, not sure exactly what was leaking? Any ideas?

4. There's also the option of not getting it fixed at all, but it can be damaged more and I am planning on buying a new vehicle next year. If I sell this in this condition the guy at my local auto shop said I could be losing money and it would probably only be sold for $800, when instead I could sell it for more after getting it fixed, if I get it fixed and get more bang for my buck. Any thoughts?

5. This seems like the best option. My local auto shop which I mentioned in statement/question 4 are willing to have my car fixed for $1429.52. Could be a little bit more now since there was leakage after I came back from the auto shop and it wasn't there before. They went from $2600 to $1429.52 My car's mileage in is 130,744. It's LX. Below I have pictures of the damages of my car, pictures of information regarding my car, and pictures how much it would cost to be repaired in detail.

6. Let me know if you need better pictures or if pictures are not displaying correctly. Your best advice is appreciated, Thank You.

Attached Thumbnails Accident at My Fault Need Repairing Advice-img_0943.jpg   Accident at My Fault Need Repairing Advice-img_0950.jpg   Accident at My Fault Need Repairing Advice-img_0946.jpg   Accident at My Fault Need Repairing Advice-img_0949.jpg  

Last edited by BullBrother371; 08-30-2018 at 09:39 AM.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:52 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Looks like they factored the cracked radiator in the estimate. Is it a good deal? I don't know. It is an 11 year old car. I think their rates are high though.

Old 08-30-2018, 11:13 PM

2. No
4. Rarely do you get the money out of repairs, unless you can do them cheaply yourself. If selling, sell as is.

If it were mine, I'd repair only what is necessary, radiator, etc, to make it drivable, call it good, and then drive it.

as far as what it leaking, you can usually tell by color, smell, etc. Google "how to determine what is leaking from my car"