General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Advice replacing/repairing rear bumper

Old 01-03-2007, 06:41 PM
Default Advice replacing/repairing rear bumper

My 04 Accord sedan ,has a small hole and also a lot of scratches on the rear bumper from previous owner. Looks like someone hit this car from back which punctured the bumper. The bumper is slightly displaced on the right side, but its not visible from a distance, but the scratches and the hole looks awkward.
What is the best and cost efficient way to fix this. Will I be able to get a bumper of the same color from junk yard or are there ways to plug holes in plastic bumpers(the hole is around 1.5 inches in wide) and just repaint the bumper or ordering a new bumper altogether. Any advise will be of lot of help to me. I live in Maryland.

Old 01-03-2007, 06:49 PM
Default RE: Advice replacing/repairing rear bumper

dang your in maryland.. parts are probly expensiv out there..

to far from jap and china.. huh...

well anywayz.. those bumpers are plastic type material. and it is hard to repair or at the least it takes alot of labor.. so it will cost you the same to repair and paint it as it will cost you to replace and paint..

good body shop should charge around 300 to replace with aftermarket and paint..

max payment should be 450 for that work.. but you should consider.. paying around 600 and get the bumper replaced and lined up.. painted with the two rear quarter panels blended.. which should be from 75 to 150 each blend..so about 600..

yo u might find a dinky shop to fix it.. but wont come out clean.. and it will take long..and they will most likely quote you 225 opr something and then chage you lke 500 .. cuz of the labor to repair..

friend owns body shop.. a & a autobody...