General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accord vibration problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 12:11 AM
Question Accord vibration problem

I recently bought my first car, an 07 Accord SE V6. It has two brand new tries and break pads in the front when I bought it.

After purchasing the car I noticed that the glass of the right mirror vibrates when i drive at all speeds. Later the glove box started also to vibrate and it makes that really annoying sound. So I went to a shop and have the wheels balanced. That solved the problem for half a day.

But the vibration persists. It appears in a pattern. The first time I drive the car in a day the vibration in and outside is the most significant, and I can hear it. However, if I shut the car down and let it rest for a while after a short drive and start it again, the vibration goes away itself, only the glass in the mirror will shake slightly.

The rest of the car works well. It doesn't vibrate or shake when idle and the steering wheel doesn't shake either. So what can possibly lead to this minor yet annoying problem?

Thanks for the time and all the help you can give. Really appreciated.

Old 04-05-2015, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Since tires are new, I would suspect them. Also are new tires same size as others?

Out-of-round tire/s might cause these symptoms. They can be maddeningly difficult to detect. Try driving slowly on a very smooth asphalt surface. If you feel a rocking motion in the car, the OOR tires could be causing your problem.

If you ask for a re-balance, ask for a tire spin w the cover up and look for a wobble in the profile.

good luck

Old 04-05-2015, 12:44 PM

So if it's the tire/s problem, do I need to replace the tire/s to solve this problem or it can wear itself out?

Thanks.

Old 04-05-2015, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

If it's OOR it won't get better and you should insist on a replacement. It can be difficult to prove OOR unless you can observe the spinning tire. The flat spot will cause a noticeable variation in profile as tire rotates. Insist on your own observation if they say no OOR.

good luck

Old 04-06-2015, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

How about a road-force balancing machine. Hunter GSP-9700 (others may exist too). They measure the wheel balance while pressing it against a rotating drum, to find problems like that.

Old 04-06-2015, 11:11 AM

True. Load balancing will find a problem with a tire.

Old 04-15-2015, 07:55 AM

I have a 2000 Accord with a starting problem in this thread but when I saw your question I remembered I had the same problem with my car. as it set there it vibrated and when I drove off it vibrated more. I took it to my mechanic who found out that the motor mount on the right side facing the motor was lose. He tightened it up and the vibration went away. Not sure if your problem is caused by the same thing but it's something to look into.