General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air conditioner not blowing cold air

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 05:50 PM
electromagician
Unregistered
Default RE: Air conditioner not blowing cold air

Hey Mbo, I've had a similar problem with my 97 2.2 EX.

I've replaced both fans, the radiator and I've used a wal-mart special to check the r134 level, and its fine, at least on that side. If it's not hot outside, all is well, but if it's hot I can only get cold air if I am moving. ONce I pull into a drive-through I have about 2 minutes and then all I get is the warm air as if the compressor was not on at all.

What do I look for next? thanks in advance.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:02 AM
Default No a/c!

i have a 95 honda accord and i just recently recharged my freon and vaccumed and all that good stuff. air blows but not ice cold. put direct power from battery to compressor and it kicked right on and started working. whats my problem here? is it my a/c and heater switch or some cables or something? any help would be greatly appreciated. cant live in the south with no a/c lol

Old 09-14-2012, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by smokeydutch
i have a 95 honda accord and i just recently recharged my freon and vaccumed and all that good stuff. air blows but not ice cold. put direct power from battery to compressor and it kicked right on and started working. whats my problem here? is it my a/c and heater switch or some cables or something? any help would be greatly appreciated. cant live in the south with no a/c lol
A bit confused, not hard to do to me.

Does the ac come on when you press the switch, or do you have to "hot wire" the compressor to make it run.

When the ac is running, what are the high and low side pressures?

Do you know if BOTH fans on the rad come on when the car is running - again not sure if the ac works by "just the button".

Next, be sure the heater control valve is closing off - broken ****, cable adjustment, ect......

Old 12-15-2017, 07:35 PM

Yes, it is an ON/OFF button, so when I press it the fan turns on. It should be another combo of buttons to push that activate the self diagnostic test.