General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarm and Key fob issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 04:09 PM
Unhappy Alarm and Key fob issues

My 2004 honda accord key fob not responding to alarm system. Changed the battery of the key fob and won't lock or unlock doors. The alarm system not blinking only if the doors are lock manually, but then the key fob wont response to the alarm. Help

Old 04-17-2013, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

Anything recent done to the car....repair work, new battery, ect?

Old 04-18-2013, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

reprogram it/them. do a search for the procedure, i know i posted one a while back.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:26 AM
Cool

Yes i did. Both my key combo remotes broke and had to use the valet key to use the car but the fob still work to lock and unlock the car. But had to replace the valet key according to the locksmith because the valet key from the dealer was damaging the ignition so I repalce it and he program the new valet key along with one of the key fobs but did not program the other key fob. So what can I do to for the program the key fob so i can lock and unlock the car since i lost the key fob that would lock and unlock my car. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 04-19-2013, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
Within 1 to 4 sec , press the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the keyless receiver in the power window master switch.
Within 1 to 4 sec , turn the ignition switch OFF.
Within 1 to 4 sec , turn the ignition switch ON (II).
Within 1 to 4 sec , press the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the keyless receiver in the power window master switch.
Within 1 to 4 sec , turn the ignition switch ON (II).
Within 4 sec , turn the ignition switch ON (II).
Confirm you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators within 1 to 4 sec , then push the transmitter lock or unlock button again, or the code will not be stored.
Within 10 sec , aim the transmitters (up to two additional ones) whose codes you want to store at the keyless receiver, and press the transmitter lock or unlock buttons. Confirm that you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators after each transmitter code is stored.
Turn the ignition switch OFF, and pull out the key.
Confirm proper operation with the transmitters.