General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All I did was change the battery!!! Now what?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 09:38 PM
mntentman
Unregistered
Default All I did was change the battery!!! Now what?

I am not happy with Honda customer service. I changed battery on 2005 Accor w/navi. Could not find the card with the anti-theft codes for radio and navi system. There was a sticker, but when I tried to retreive code online using what I thought was the serial number, it locked me out after three unsuccessful attempts. I called Honda, they gave me codes which also turned out to be wrong, and they did not unlock my VIN so I could try again. I finally figured out the radio code by using online instructions to get it from the display, so at least raio and heating system is working (it was 40 here yesterday and my wife was not happy she could not turn on the heat). But I tried several random codes on the navi system, and I guess it locked me out too nothing shows up on the display, even after disconnecting the battery again. Honda customer service is now closed, so I can't ask them tonight. Is there anything I can do to get the display back? I really don't want to waste a trip to the dealer if I don't have to. It shouldn't be this hard!!!!!!

Old 09-11-2008, 09:28 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: All I did was change the battery!!! Now what?

Look in the owner's manual for a reset procedure.