General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad brakes are the brakes someone help

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 12:35 PM

Was just reading here and good you made some progress.If you still have the same problem with that same side,the hose will need to be replaced.I had the same problem with another vehicle,and it would do this once in a while.

One side would pull and get very hot.The hose would allow fluid to Come out or fill the piston into the caliper,but not let fluid flow back on release,causing the caliper to stick like it was frozen.

Old 12-22-2015, 08:29 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by TexasHonda
If you're getting pressure to the caliper, but no braking action, the piston must be frozen somehow, assuming pads are correctly assembled. If brakes are new, they should be inspected carefully.

good luck
Hi- just get a caliper in rear right and I noticed there is leak in driveway with tire imprint on liquid. Why is that happening? Second question, what is average mileages for caliper to last? 15,000 vs 60,000 miles?

Old 12-22-2015, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

You have to find the location of the leak. I'd start looking where the brake line bolts to the caliper. Did you install the washers when installing the line?

I don't think mileage is as important on the life of a caliper. The biggest things would be changing the brake fluid at the recommended interval. Also inspecting the boot on the caliper piston. Using a silicone grease on the slide pins. Climate is also important. When I lived in the north, the salt on the roads likely shortens the caliper life due to corrosion on the piston and slide pins.