General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery warranty??

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 06:27 PM
Default Battery warranty??

I tried searching and couldn't find.

Anyone know the warranty information for the battery?

I looked through my Warranty Manual and I could have sworn it was still under warranty (car purchased 12/04; ~35k miles). I brought my car in to the dealership and he says battery needs replacing and it's not under warranty. Can anyone shed light on this issue for me? Thanks!!

Old 03-14-2007, 12:42 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Battery warranty??

As far as I know the battery falls under the 3/36 standard warranty.
It could be that the dealer has no service records for you and your vehicle and decided you are just a 'warranty hound'. Unfair I admit, but it is the real world.
There is a Phone number in your owners manual for American Honda Customer Care.
Maybe you could call them and explain the entire situation to them;
But I do ask you, if you get a survey card in the mail, and mark anything less than 'excellent' the survey will be considered as a failure and the butthead service advisor will still get his normal pay, the A$$hole Service manager will still get his monthly bonus, Parts guys have no problems with a bad survey......The Tech in the shop that worked on your car will have his pay cut for a month at least, some dealerships take away as much as a dollar an hour for up to 6 months.
Thats the way the "reynolds & reynolds " system works.
Even if parts are not in stock when the car is being worked on the mechanic gets the pay cut for any reason you are unhappy.

Old 03-14-2007, 02:29 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: hondadude

Even if parts are not in stock when the car is being worked on the mechanic gets the pay cut for any reason you are unhappy.
Man, that system sucks.

I thought the battery was covered by it's own warranty, just like when you buy a new battery. Namely full replacement for the first xx months then pro-rated out to? years. (But I'm too lazy to go look at my warranty booklet.)

Old 03-14-2007, 09:42 PM

most batteries will be covered with at least a 60 month warranty before they go into the pro-rated replacement. just gotta make sure that you have a healthy electrical system and a good alternator before you go in and try to get a new battery.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:29 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

usually warranty is 12 tp 24 months depending on manufact ,, after that battery is pro-rated ( meaning you only pay for what you have used ) till up to 60 months ,, again depending on manufact ..
even if battery was out of warranty there is still some pro-rated left

but i was under the impression that Honda warrantied them for 3 yrs , 36k mles (.i am .not 100% sure )