General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blue LED constantly blinking

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Default Blue LED constantly blinking

Hey all,

I have a 2005 Honda Accord which I purchased used from the dealership a few years back.

There is a blue LED light under the dash on the driver's side which has recently started flashing/blinking constantly (even while driving). I understand it is supposed to blink while armed, but unclear why it's not turning off once the car is started. Again, this just started happening and is very annoying while driving at night.

Some additional info, the light quickly flashes twice every 1 second. The horn will beep once when I lock or unlock the doors, then twice when I arm the system. It used to just beep once and only when the system is armed.

What I've done so far: disconnected the batter and re-connected. Replaced the batteries in my FOB.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 07-06-2013, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like an aftermarket alarm system. What is the brand of the system? Is it the OEM Honda key fob or an aftermarket. It should say on the key fob if it is an aftermarket system.

Possibly a sensor in the system circuit is open or a malfunction in the system.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:48 AM

Not sure what brand the alarm is... The key fob is the OEM Honda one. Key/fob combined into one, Honda emblem on the back.

I remember I had the dealer activate a LoJack type system when I bought it, though not sure if this is related. How can I tell what brand the alarm is?

Old 07-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

If the key fob is OEM Honda, then it may be an add-on aftermarket KARR security system. Many dealerships try to sell that with the car.

If you find the security control unit, usually under the driver's dash area, it may have the brand name of the security system on it.

Refer to post #9 in this thread to count the number of LED flashes to determine if it is a problem with the trunk or hood sensor, voltage sensing component (e.g., lights, shock sensor, wires shorting), or it sensing the door opened. -- This would be for a KARR security system.
Disable stock alarm system?? - Honda-Tech

Old 07-08-2013, 12:53 AM
Administrator

Good information RedBull1

Old 07-08-2013, 08:15 PM

Thank you. I downloaded a copy of a KARR manual and tried some of the steps listed there to no avail.

Will have a look under the dash to confirm the brand name, but will probably not get around to it until this upcoming weekend. Will reply back once I know the brand/model and if I'm able to figure out the issue based on that.

Thanks again