General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken Bolts while removing brake rotor

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Here is a video on how to replace an entire brake line. I'd recommend not using a torch, because you also have a fuel leak.

The alternative is to replace the bad section of line. You would need to flare the original line ends where you cut them off, then flare the new section. You'd also need some fittings to make it work.

I think parts stores have the line flare tools as a loaner tool.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:30 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Your lines look better than those I replaced. If you're after a quick and dirty solution, get a couple of feet of 3/16ths steel line (to use as a repair section), and some compression fittings and splice the new line into the old line with the compression fittings. My Geo was repaired this way before I got it, and the line rusted out behind the fittings by the time I got it (got some money knocked off the purchase price due to no brakes).

Note; I'm not a big fan of doing this, even though I know it works, and have seen it used before.

For the fuel line, you can just hose it in with some Fuel Injection hose and some clamps. Don't use regular fuel hose here, as it's not rated for the higher fuel pressure that our cars use.

The hardest part will be getting the plastic track back in place, as the hose, clamps, and compression fittings will be in the way of allowing it to sit flat. You might want to either leave it off, or cut a section out of it so it'll sit flat. Good luck either way you decide to go, and I hope I've helped some.