General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burnt out dash light bulbs AC and Low Fuel.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Default Burnt out dash light bulbs AC and Low Fuel.

The fan light on my 99 Accord EX Sedan is burnt out. It is the light that is behind the dial for the fan speed. How do I change it?

My low fuel light is also burnt out. How do I change that?

Thanks in advance.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Burnt out dash light bulbs AC and Low Fuel.

Low Fuel Light

It may just be working intermittently. I just drove through 4 tanks of gas getting to Florida and sucked the tank dry every time, no fuel light. Last tank, the light came on a little bit below 1/8 of a tank.

Anywho, you would need to remove the gauge cluster trim, 2 screws on the top of it. And then take the 4 screws/bolts holding the cluster in and disconnect the wire harnesses. Then, you would have to take the clear window off, and maybe take the temp/gas gauge out to find the bulb. The dealer should sell the correct bulb.

Fan Light

Also, would need the dealer for the correct bulb. The clock needs to be pried out with a screwdriver and a towel underneath it to not damage the trim. You may be able to just pull it out with your fingers, I can. Disconnect the hazard and clock harnesses. The, take the single screw out of the trim behind the clock. Next, there are two screws on the bottom of the radio trim (think a vertical screwdriver in front of the shifter). When the screws are out, pull out from the bottom of the trim working up to undo the clips. The climate control is attached from the back and you will have to carefully disassemble it to get to the bulb (or maybe its easy to get to)

Old 01-03-2009, 04:57 PM

Thank you very much. I followed your steps and replaced the AC light in about ten minutes. As far as the low fuel light, it is out as far as I can tell, when I turn the key and the other dash lights go on, it does not. I will order that buld and follow your directions. Hopefully it will be as easy as the AC bulb.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:06 AM

low fuel light dont come on unless you are low on fuel, thought mine was out as well but it works fine, run it low on fuel before you go to all that work.
Frank Allen 92 accord

Old 01-06-2009, 11:06 AM

ORIGINAL: f allen

low fuel light dont come on unless you are low on fuel, thought mine was out as well but it works fine, run it low on fuel before you go to all that work.
Frank Allen 92 accord
But it does when you first start the car...

I just went through another 4 tanks and it only came on once out of the 4 and I ran them past E

Old 01-25-2009, 10:31 PM

I replaced the buld and have a little gas left, I will drive to and from work tomorrow and I'll see what happens. I am at 325 miles on this tank, so it should come on in a few miles if it is working.

I replaced the fan light and it works fine now.

Hondas are great and with the Chiltons manuals and this forum, there are so many things you can do on them yourself.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

My low fuel light does not come on when I first put the key into the ignition.

You can test that light by grounding a pin at the fuel sending unit. Your chilton's manual should have that information in there.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:18 PM

I get 400 miles out of a tank on my 4cyl 2000 Accord. My light doesn't come on until I get to around 380ish......

Old 01-26-2009, 02:26 PM

ORIGINAL: jeepwm69

I get 400 miles out of a tank on my 4cyl 2000 Accord. My light doesn't come on until I get to around 380ish......
Wow I get about 450-475 and if my lights comes on, I still have at least 50-100 miles left. I've ran it past E and it only takes like 15.4 gallons to fill on the 17.1 gallons tank...