General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

camber adjustment

Old 09-14-2006, 02:39 PM
Default camber adjustment

i got an alignment yesterday, and the camber can't be adjusted. anything, i should be concerned about. i have read earlier that camber can't be adjusted. thoughts would be appreciated.

Old 09-14-2006, 03:09 PM
Default RE: camber adjustment

the only way to adjust camber on your car is going to be if you get a camber adjustment kit (about $200.00 for the front I believe...) however, + or - 1 degree is considered acceptable, if you get over that amount your tires are going to wear really unevenly

Old 09-15-2006, 02:19 AM

thanks a lot i checked that my camber is between -.5 to -1 or maybe -1.1. lets see i had honda align my vehicle they thought i needed a new steering knuckle, as did tires plus when i went to tires plus first in june, but i said no to tires plus. so, honda stole money from me but i didn't feel like going back as the next place i went to after the dealer aligned my car before i got some new tires. so, finally yesterday i went and got my tires aligned from sears. they did an excellent job! plus a 6 month warranty! my car would pull to the right a lot, so i know that the second place tried to get an alignment right but didn't do as good a job.

wow 3 alignments in one year! i think i am good for 3 years!

p.s. on my car the steering is supposed to pull a little to the left after an alignment. but the steering wheel feels tight again which is nice!

Old 09-15-2006, 03:18 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

without the year i do not know what the specs for the camber is

post the alignment results here and input the year and model in your signature so we will all know what car we are working with

Old 09-15-2006, 03:54 PM

1999 Honda Accord EX 128,000 miles. I will have to post the results sometime later, as they are not with me right now. But, I believe it was lightshow or you that said camber is not adjustable. My camber was off a degree or so. Anyways, I was reading something in Google groups last night about some people having to replace a lot of tires due to camber problems. Well, if my camber has been off for so long and the car is on its 3rd set of tires. I would say that's not bad. It was driven in Chicago on hard roads with agressive driving style before I took over the ship.

I mainly drive highway miles. And, I have checked the tires and haven't seen any visible wear. Any idea on how many 32nds a new tire has? I bought these BF Goodrich tires a month ago or a little over a month ago, and they have 10/32nds wear on them, and I know when you get down to 2/32nds, that's the time to replace them.